Thursday, January 3, 2013

Nudibranch cake

Actual nudibrachs. Cute, but poisonous.

MY OLDEST DAUGHTER asked for a nudibranch cake for her birthday. Why?, you ask. Why not? So Lilia and I set out to create said cake. Here he is, in all of his sea sluggish glory...
Nudibranchus funfettius


I can only imagine what she'll ask for next year...


And, in a show of extraordinary family togetherness, my middle daughter drew a nudibranch. Here it is, with a link to her tumblr . . .

This is probably the only spot on the Internet where you can see nudibranchs all together in the three classic media of photography, colored pencil, and ... cake.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god, this is amazing! <3
    Nils

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have way cool kids..... and the cake looks delish! I'd feel sad eating it.

    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete