Monday, June 6, 2011

Run for Congo Women July 31!!

OK, Denverites...

Non-athlete that I am, I am helping with the 2011 Run for Congo Women. Here is my call to you: Sign up to run or walk, or to VOLUNTEER!

Why Congo Women? I've written before about Women for Women International, and how I am sponsoring my dear sister Sifa as she benefits from financial support, job training, and counseling.

The women in Congo are living a total hell every day. By participating in RFCW, you can help, in a real, tangible way--proceeds from the race go to sponsor other women through Women for Women International.

If you need any more convincing, read this article about last year's race.


Sign up to run or to volunteer!
Run for Congo Women
Sunday, July 31, 2011
Race start: 8:30 a.m.
Wash Park
Denver, CO
5K Run/Walk

No comments:

Post a Comment